Friday, March 16, 2012

EveVenture Promotes Home Safety Awareness for Poison Prevention Week (March 18-24, 2012)

National Poison Prevention Week is a great reminder to think about what you really have in your home and how it may impact your own health and that of your children.

In his book What's Gotten Into Us? Staying Healthy in a Toxic World, author McKay Jenkins strives to push us to a new state of awareness about our water, our bodies, our homes and our yards. He suggests the following:
"Rather than mindlessly reaching for a product, we might...pause, just for a moment, and ask: What do I know about this product? How do I know what I know? Who told me? Can I believe what I have been told, what I think I know? A pause at that moment is critical, because it offers the chance to replace mindless action with conscious choice and genuine responsibility. No longer am I automatically, unthinkingly filling my shopping cart. Now I am mindfully choosing this, or choosing that, or choosing nothing at all. There's power in that pause."
At EveVenture, we promote poison prevention by helping consumers get the harsh chemicals out of their homes and start using effective, efficient products that outperform mainstream grocery store brands without any harsh or caustic chemicals. We believe poison prevention goes beyond keeping chemicals locked up and away from young children.

Just take a look at the Seasonal Spring Tips on the Poison Help web site. You'll notice those tips contain references to the hazards of windshield wiper fluid, baby oil, furniture polish, pesticides and more. It's time to take that pause that McKay Jenkins suggests...a pause to know that prevention can go a step beyond locking up those harsh chemicals. The best prevention may be replacing harsh chemicals with alternatives so that your family is never exposed to the risk in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment